Thornhill Family Dentistry
Our Thornhill dentists invite you to evaluate your smile.
Two different approaches are used to analyze a smile –the Emotional Evaluation and the Objective Analysis.
Test 1: The Emotional Smile Evaluation
The emotional smile evaluation is based on your subjective perceptions of your smile. The questions below are designed to help reveal your inner feelings about how your smile affects your self-image, how it impacts interactions with others, and how it influences the quality of your relationships.
- Do you like the appearance of your teeth and smile?
- Do you ever turn your face when smiling or hold your hand up in front of your mouth when talking to others?
- How does your smile make you feel? Confident?
- Do you shy away from showing a full smile in front of other people, especially strangers?
- When taking pictures, do you tend to smile with your lips closed instead of flashing a happy smile?
Test 2: The Objective Smile Analysis
For the objective analysis, the best thing is for you to stand in front of a mirror mounted on a wall. Now, smile at yourself using your “normal” smile. Next, look at the mirror and think of a hilarious moment in your life and give a big, laughing smile. When your smile is improved, however, your big smile appears much more spontaneously because you look and feel great! So let’s figure out what’s holding your big smile back .
- Are all of your teeth brilliant white or are they somewhat yellow, dark, or stained?
- Are there spaces between any of your teeth?
- Are you missing any of your teeth?
- Do you have teeth that are crooked, uneven, or out of line?
- Do any of your teeth appear short and fat or too small or too large?
- Is the mid-line of your two front teeth centered with your face and nose?
- Are the edges of your canine teeth too long, sharp, or look out of line?
- Do you have a “gummy” smile — showing too much gum tissue or having gums that are too thick?
- Do you have any gray, black or silver mercury dental fillings in your teeth?
- Do you have any old crowns that have dark edges at the top or that don’t really look natural?
HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday: 8:00 am - 5:00pm
Tuesday: 8:00 am - 5:00pm
Wednesday: 8:00 am - 8:00pm
Thursday: 8:00 am - 5:00pm
Friday: 8:00 am - 3:00pm
Saturday: 8:00 am - 2:00pm
WHAT SETS US APART
- Same-day emergency care
- Wheelchair Accessible
- We accept most insurance plans
- Electronic Insurance Billing
- Patient Financing Available
- Flexible payment options
- Most insurance plans accepted
- Evening & weekend appointments
- Free Parking Available